All shows are soundboards unless otherwise noted. All files are .zips containing mp3s converted @ 160kbps. Once you've downloaded a file, it's yours to keep. Burn it, redistribute it, pass out copies on the street, I don't care.

Note: Well, they kicked my ass off YouTube, so no more samples.

Monday, June 23, 2008

R.I.P.

Damn, just heard that George Carlin died yesterday. Here's a recording I did myself at the Comedy Store in Hollywood on June 23rd, 2001. As he explains in track 2, he was testing new material for his next HBO special. I Kinda Like It When A Lot Of People Die was originally going to be the title of the special, but 9/11 happened in the meantime, so some of the material had to be revamped, especially tracks 9 and 13, and the special was retitled Complaints & Grievances.

So anyway, I recorded this on a portable Sony cassette machine, basically a Walkman that recorded, and I think it came out pretty damn good since there were speakers near our table. There's a gap between tracks 7 and 8 where I had to go to the bathroom and flip the tape, but I didn't miss much.

Bon voyage and have a crappy day!

1. Driving
2. About The Show
3. Things We Do
4. People Who Oughtta Be Killed
5. Guys Named Todd
6. More People Who Oughtta Be Killed
7. Rats And Squealers
8. The Two Commandments
9. Code Brown
10. Fifty Million Songs
11. The First Enema
12. Ideas
13. I Kinda Like It When A Lot Of People Die

Download

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to re-upload this rare recording? Please and thankyou!